Monday, January 23, 2017

Train Rides and Trainings

We had two train rides this week; we traveled to Budapest for Zone Training where Gordon nover and I conducted two separate training sessions. Later in the week we went to beautiful Szeged for splits with Dyson and Beck noverek.

I am really glad that Gordon and I were able to conduct a few training sessions because during the preparation, I was able to learn so much. We mostly talked about our individual conversion and what it means to each of us. Conversion, I believe, is a continual process that draws us closer to our Savior and includes our accepting of God's will for us. We talked about Alma the younger and his conversion. Mosiah 27 is a great chapter that brings his conversion story full circle. I am grateful that conversion is continuous and that through it we can always change to become more of the person God would have us become. He sees our full, limitless potential and wants the best for each of us.

We had splits in Szeged later in the week and they were productive. It is really fun for me to see how much Sister Beck has progressed in the language. I've been going on splits with her periodically since her second week in the country, about 4 or 5 months ago.

We taught a really cool guy named Tamas and it went really well. It was also so great to be with Dyson nover, I adore her, she is just incredible. Back in Szolnok we had a lesson with a guy named Janos who we met with while tracting a few weeks ago. I've never met someone with as many questions as he has, haha. He is truly searching for the truth and it is an adventure teaching him.

We were also able to go to the Special Needs Home again this week. I loved going there the very first time we went, but each time we go I love it even more. The people there are always so excited to see us and will ask us when we are going to come back. Timea gave me two drawings that she had made me and it was so cute. I love talking and being with the residents there.

Besides that, Gordon nover was sick this week so we spent a little more time inside than usual, but thankfully she is feeling better now. I took advantage of the time and painted which I haven't really done much of in a few transfers. I also read and listened to a few talks and came across a gem in the scriptures ----- Romans 8:35-39  

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril or sword?  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I think those verses are absolutely beautiful! I have felt God's love and I know that His love for us is more than we can even comprehend and that nothing can separate us from that love.

Have a great week!

Sok Szeretettel,
Schoendorfer nover


Train Rides...





Cute stray kitten we found.

Really beautiful church in Szeged.








Special Needs Home - I love going there.



With Gordon being sick, I had time to paint a little picture.

My wall in our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment