Monday, January 30, 2017

Brrrr

Hello! This week was really so cold! Most of our investigators weren't able to meet with us this week but hopefully next week we will be able to meet up with them. We spent a ton of time outside trying to find new people. The fog gets so cold here that is freezes and then falls and is almost like snow. I have never really been this cold in my life and our toes always feel like they are kind of falling off but it is an adventure. 

We traveled to Békéscsaba for splits and they went really well. I had fun being with Sister Peterson, even though it was freezing. I got to visit with Rózsa who is a member there and I really love her. I have gotten to see her a few times when I've gone to Békéscsaba. 

We had a missionary broadcast this week and received a new schedule. We also visited Erzsi néni this week. It was really fun to be with her. She taught us how to make gulyás leves (goulash soup) and told us stories from her childhood. She is the cutest! It was actually hilarious because Gordon nővér and I were acting clueless and she thought we had no idea how to cook and she got so sassy. It was so enjoyable, I love learning how to make Hungarian dishes. 

On Saturday, Adri, from kispest came to visit! It was so so great to see her! We had lunch and she went with us to the special needs home which was great as always. I love to be with them. 

This past week I was thinking about enduring to the end and what that really means. In Hungarian it is mindvegig kitartás and literally means to hold out until the end. I think it is really more than enduring. When I think of that phrase I think about how important it is to have faith and trust in our loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. As we live our lives always looking for the positive and as we follow the guidance we receive from the Lord, we come closer to Him and our relationship with Him increases. The Atonement can always be applied in our lives and there is always joy to be found and love to be felt.    In 2 Nephi 31, it says:

 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
 21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

​I think it is so important to always have that perfect brightness of hope, love of God, and of all men.

 I love you and hope you have a happy week!
Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

Everything is pretty frozen, but beautiful.


The rivers are also frozen. Brrrr

We didn't learn from 'The Christmas Story'







Having a little statue fun.

Train station.

Frozen Fog.

Beautiful Szolnok.

Splits with Sister Peterson.


Adri, a member from Kispest came to visit. We took her with us to the special needs home. It was so great to see her again.

Meeting with Erzsi neni, she was relaxing with her legs up.


3 comments:

  1. Your blog is always so uplifting to read. And you always choose such lovely scriptures that are just what I need. You are serving your mission here too! :) love Sister Jones Morton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, descriptions and thoughts. I'm sitting here shivering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete