Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Saying Goodbye to sweet Kispest...

I couldn't have asked for a better last week in Kispest. We received transfer calls this morning and tomorrow I am leaving Budapest and headed to a city called Szolnok. I am headed back to the east! I will be serving with Gordon nővér who goes home at the end of the next transfer in February. 

We were pretty busy this week and I am a little short on time, but here's a quick overview from the week. We went ice skating as a district for p day last week which was really fun. We also walked around the out door Christmas market with a member, Adri, who came with us while we taught Tillman. We have been teaching him the past few weeks and he is from Austria studying medicine here. He is a really great guy and loves learning. On Tuesday we got to visit a number of members! We visited the Remesék family who are always so sweet to us and feed us periodically, Mária is a great cook. We also met with Zibrányi József bácsi and his daughter, Anna. I will miss them so so much! We also went over to Piroska and Hanna's. They are so fun and Hanna is the cutest. We also visited Kriszti in the evening who is one of my favorite people here. She is so thoughtful and such a joy to be around. 

The next day, we had a zone day! We played sports and watch the movie Finding Dory which was really cute. Then in the evening we took a train to Győr. We were there for their district meeting and that was the day that I hit being in Hungary for a year! I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. It was especially enjoyable because Elder Ure was also there and he, Mcgregor nővér and I all came to Hungary at the same time and were in the Missionary Training Center together. 

Another highlight of the week was being with Gizi and the Medveczky family. We had a language study with sweet Gizi and last night we went over to their home and watched the Christmas Devotional. Also, this week, Mcgregor nővér and I were the surprise at a little girl's house on her birthday. Her name is Mirjam and she loves us so much, so her mom had us come over and surprise her. She is turning 6 and she said that us coming over was the best present she received. 

It was hard to say bye to the members I have grown to love at church. This area is so special to me and I am so grateful for the friendships I've made and for the people I've met here. It was especially hard to say bye to all the children here who all know me as süni (hedgehog). 

One more amazing highlight this past week was attending an organ concert in the Mattyás Templom on the Buda side. It was a great concert and I loved every second of it! We also got to meet with another József who is someone I met with a few months ago and haven't seen in a while. It was so good to meet with him again and he is actually from Szolnok! We also saw Krisztián yesterday which was really great. 

I hope you have a great week!

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

Amazing organ concert at the Mattyas Templom.

Isn't this a beautiful place to go ice skating?

Ice skating on P-day.



Donuts that sweet Anna (Jozsef's daughter) gave us for walking her dog.

When we went to Gyor, it was exactly the one year mark since myself, McGregor and Ure Elder had been in Hungary, so they had lots of balloons and cookies for us -- so fun!


This is a beautiful city with amazing people!


Cute little Almos!

Saying goodbye to cute Eva.

Krisztian 

Zibranyi Jozsef

Sweet, sweet Jozsef.

Adri, a member that I adore!

Gizi, she is truly the most amazing person!

Anna and Jozsef, they are the best!

A villamos (tram) with lights on it for Christmas time.





Such an extraordinarily beautiful church and an amazing organ concert!


Everyone enjoyed the organ concert.



No comments:

Post a Comment