Monday, August 1, 2016

Krisztián's Baptism!

This week was wonderful! Krisztián had his baptism on Saturday and it was great! There were a few hiccups, like someone forgetting to fill up the font an hour before the baptism but it all worked out. We had fun filling up lots of buckets in the bathrooms and pouring them in, it was a project! I was able to play the hymns on the organ which I loved! I haven't been able to play the organ since the Missionary Training Center. The ward really appreciated it, they love music. Elder Beumont, who is serving in the Pest area right now, was able to come and baptize Krisztián. He taught Krisztián when he used to live in the Pest area a few months ago, but since then, Krisztián has moved into our area. I am so grateful that Willets Nővér and I were able to teach him and also that we were able to learn from him. He has such a strong testimony and a really amazing outlook on life. The Relief Society sisters made sandwiches for the baptism and Krisztián was smiling the whole time! 

In other news, we went on splits in Sopron which is an absolutely beautiful! It is only about a half hour train from away from Vienna and I'm pretty sure I was able to see some of Austria just being in Sopron. It is also a little bit cooler weather there which was really nice. I loved being in Sopron though and it reminded me of living in Austria last Summer. I can't believe that was more than a year ago now. 

So, back to our trip, the train tracks were under construction so getting back to Budapest was a little bit interesting. We got on a train but then had to switch to a bus that took us to Győr and then we got on another train from there that took us back to Budapest. When the bus got to Győr though, we looked at the schedule and saw that our train was late and wasn't leaving the station until 6:35. So, since Willets Nővér knew that city really well after serving there and since we were hungry, we decided to hurry to the belváros (city center) and get some gyros for dinner real quick. We got some food and walked back to the train station and thought we still had 15 minutes before the train left. As we walked into the station, we looked at the schedule which had changed and now said it was leaving at 6:21!!! I looked down at my watch, which is a minute or two fast, and it said it was 6:23! Without much though, I sprinted towards the train and yelled to get the train conductors attention, who had just waved the train off to go. The train blew it's whistle and luckily the train conductor saw us and allowed us to get on. She was laughing at us as we ran up with our side bags, our over-night split bags, a huge bag of random foods (soups, canned goods, pastas) that a senior couple in Sopron had given to us, and each of us with a really hot gyros in hand haha. We got on the train and it started moving before we even sat down. The train conductor was laughing and said "jó étvágyat!" Which is basically, enjoy your meal. She was so entertained by us and said we got on at the very last moment! Willets Nővér and I felt like we cheated death a little, haha, okay not exactly but we felt SO lucky! 

Can I just say again that I truly love serving here in Kispest and love being with Willets Nővér. We have found a handful of new people to start teaching this week and we are SO excited! Most of the people we have been able to set up appointments with are the people we found last week during our intense Book of Mormon give out. We also had splits with the Szeged sisters and I had so much fun being with Vielstich Nővér who was in my MTC group. She is doing great. One more cool experience from this past week was when we went to visit a less active woman named Lenke! She was so excited to have us over and she also had her cousin there with her who was interested in learning about our religion! We had a great first lesson with her and taught her about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. Lenke's cousin's name is Teri and we are excited to go back and meet with her this week.
 
One of the scriptures I really liked this week was Moroni 6:4, which says:

"...they might be remembered and nourished by the good work of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually watchful unto prayer, relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and finished of their faith."

I know our faith in Christ can be such a powerful influence and that it is a great help in my life. I feel so blessed to be here in Hungary to share this message of love with these amazing people because I know it is true and I know that Christ truly is the author and finisher of our faith. 

Sok szeretettel,  Schoendorfer Nővér

Baptism photos!!! Krisztian was so happy!!!
Carrying bowls of water to fill the font.


The beautiful town of Sopron.

Vielstich Nover and I got caught in the rain...again.

Some bacsi's playing chess in a park, I took this picture because it reminded me of the beginning of the movie    A Bugs Life with the old man playing chess by himself, hahaha.
This is when we just barely made it on the train with our gyros!

We ran into Krisztian on the villamos (street car) on the way to his baptism AND afterwards! Both by chance!

We built a temple with the primary children yesterday, SO much fun, they are all so adorable!

I love these children :)

No comments:

Post a Comment