Monday, July 25, 2016

58 Books of Mormon!

Hello!! So with our goal of 60 Books of Mormon this past week, we were able to successfully hand out 58!!! Which was amazing for us! It was a really cool experience because we really made an effort to talk to everyone, wherever we were, and it was so rewarding. It made me realize that sometimes if we just raise our expectations and work a little harder, we will actually see a difference in the results. It was a great experience. 

Also this week, Willets Nővér and I did a few trainings at some of the Zone Trainings in the mission. It was even helpful for me in preparing for teaching as we thought of a few questions to ask to have the missionaries think about. There were lots, but one was "Why am I here as a missionary in Hungary?" This is a question that is at times, hard to see the answer to, but was a really great thought for me to ponder. I know that I am here to share something that has blessed my life forever, with the people here who have such a special place in my heart. I've said it before, but I really just adore Hungary. I know this is where I was meant to be a missionary. At times it is hard, being told no constantly, or having someone be mean or rude to us, but the good things override the bad completely. 

Speaking of good things, Krisztián's baptism is coming up!!!! This Saturday! He is doing so great and is super stoked for the baptism. He couldn't be more excited! During one of the lessons this week he talked about how we should always dance in the rain. He has had quite a few medical problems during his life but has such a strong testimony of always finding the goodness and happiness in things. He is a great example to me. 

Józsi, who I just love meeting with, told us this past week that the Celestial Kingdom is his goal and that he has a desire to be baptized. This is new for him!! We are really excited. He has come such a long ways from not even believing in God a few months ago, and it has been so fun to see him progress and learn more as he finds out truths for himself. 

We did a lot of talking to people on the street this week because it is the most effective way to find people. We talked to so many interesting people and some of them were even interested in learning more! We even one night walked alongside the Danube River to talk with people which was absolutely gorgeous. We also went streeting with a member this week which was really fun. Her name is Kristi and we just love her! 

In other news, Elder Lindow went home a few days ago and we have a new member of our district, Elder Larson. Also, an update from Nyíregyháza, Péter brought his wife and also his daughter to church for the very first time! They are also starting to teach his wife and kids which is so exciting. Jarrett Nővér told me that as they taught them the other night, Péter was so excited about knowing the answers to many of the questions they asked. I love that cute family and miss them! 

That is about it for this week. I'll leave you with a part in the scriptures I found that I liked this past week, which is 1 Corinthians, chapter 12. I really liked this chapter because it symbolically talks about how everyone has different gifts and different things they are meant to do. Sometimes it is easy to get discouraged when something is difficult or challenging for us, and we see it being really easy for another person. But, it is this way so that we are able to help one another and build each other up. I liked verse 12, which said: 
"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ."

I love hearing how you are doing at home and hope you all have wonderful weeks. Lots and lots of love!

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

Flowers from a cute lady in the metro station.

Splits with the Gyor Noverek.

A beautiful library.

Mexican Night - which has been officially instituted weekly.

Gellert's Hill - where we talked to people alongside the Danube.

Splits with Gordon Nover.

Lots and lots of pouring rain and thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment