Monday, May 30, 2016

Thunderstorms and strawberries!

Hey! 

It's has honestly been a difficult week for us here in Nyíregyháza. We had a hard time meeting with people and did a lot of finding. We also got stuck in TWO huge thunderstorms and got drenched! Some highlights though are that we helped Sárika work in her garden a bit and even got to have some of her fresh strawberries! Probably the best strawberries I have ever had in my life!!! So yummy! Jarrett Nővér and I have also been having lots of watermelon - we love it! 

We also visited with Ica this week. She loves when we come over and we haven't been able to meet for almost a month so she was so happy to see us again. We have been reteaching her the lessons and she later told us how grateful she is to be able to go over them again. She has a hard time remembering things and has some special needs so it is a challenge for her. 

We tried to look up a ton of people this week and went everywhere but unfortunately it didn't really work out. We felt like we were on a wild goose chase as a neighbor told us where one woman had moved to and after going there, a different person gave us a completely different address. We did have fun helping a member paint his house this week. His name is Kornel, he is from Nyíregyháza but likes in the UK now. He is home for a few months here working on his house so it has been great to meet and get to know him. When we were there, he would go around trying to give us jobs and instructions in his chopped up English and he usually wouldn't even finish with the instructions as he got distracted by a different project. We ended up getting kind of covered in paint but it was great to give service and we got more fresh strawberries! 

We met with Péter again this week. His is really really busy with his bee farm but he and his family are doing great. Yesterday in church we had a fast and testimony meeting, because next Sunday, and the Sunday after that will be conferences, so because of that there won't be a regular sacrament meeting. I bore my testimony and it was my last chance to do so as I'll be leaving Nyíregyháza in about two weeks. When I sat back down afterwards, next to Izabella, she leaned over and said "Hova mész? Hova mész!?" (Where are you going?) And then she had tears in her eyes and said she wasn't ready for me to go yet. She is SUCH a sweetheart! I assured her that there was still a little more than two weeks left and she felt a little better. Oh she is adorable! If I could take her with me to every other city I go to, I would! 

This week, as we had some discouraging days, I've been thinking a lot about how we often see blessings and results after our faith is tested. I love Ether 12 where it talks about different examples of people going through trials of faith and later receiving blessings. In vs. 6, it says: we receive no witness until after the trail of our faith. 
I also love verse 4 in that chapter which says:
Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

​I love that scripture. I know that sometimes hope can be hard for us, I know that at times it is hard for me, but I know that if there is faith, then there will be hope. 
I also read an amazing talk this week that I want to share a small part of, I think it was from Elder Holland. He said: "As we draw near to him, we realize that mortality is meant to be difficult and that "opposition in all things," (2 Nephi 2:11) is not a flaw in the plan of salvation. Opposition, rather, is the indispensable element of mortality and strengthens our will and refines our choices. The vicissitudes of life help us fashion an eternal relationship with God - and engrave His image upon our countenance as we yield our hearts to Him." 
I couldn't have said it better! I know that it is so important to remember Christ in our lives and also to remember that there is so much in this life we have to be hopeful and also grateful for. Elder Holland closed with this quote - "we are infinitely more than our limitations or our afflictions." I love that. Ure Elder has also told me before to "Argue for your limitations and sure enough they are yours." At first I didn't really get that. I thought it sounded silly, to argue for your limitations. But, after thinking about it, I know that with Christ, with faith, with hope, we don't need to have limitations. As we put our trust in Him, everything will work out. 

Love you so much! Until next week.....

​Sok 
szeretettel, Schoendorfer 
Nővér
We had a great time this week eating fresh picked strawberries!

Succulents - I love succulents!
Frankie and Morgan sent me these succulents in a package :)
Sad face on the csengo basically describes our week, hardest week and just not a lot of people to meet with. 
Stormy skies


We have also had a few HUGE thunderstorms this past week, loudest thunder I have ever heard!
After getting stuck in a thunderstorm while waling home, but were still smiling!



Giving service painting at a members house...
Enjoying so yummy soup


No comments:

Post a Comment