Monday, May 9, 2016

The mission is for experimenting.....right?

Hey! So recently I chopped my hair off! It is a fun change and I have never had hair quite this short, so it is different! It will be really nice when the summer gets hot though. It was an experiment for sure haha.

This is going to be a quick email because today we are going to visit Péter's honey bee farm! I'm excited and I think it will be so fun. But here's a quick update:

Skyping yesterday was SUCH a joy! It was such a treat to talk to my family and see their smiling faces!

We met a cute young girl this week tracting named Esztér who we are excited to start teaching. I also had fun finding a cute old dog while we were tracting that followed be around on the street for a good 10 minutes haha, it was adorable! Another fun surprise tracting was when we got let in by a cute néni in Nyírszőlős who only wanted to feed us süti! It was so funny, she was like no no I just want to give you a snack! We were able to leave her and her cute husband, who was in a wheelchair, with a short message.

Recently we have been meeting with another younger girl named Zsuzsa and we are enjoying teaching her. She asks so many questions, which is a good thing, but we are staying on our toes trying to understand and know how to teach and help her. 

Péter and his family are still doing so great! We absolutely love that family! We watched the film Finding Faith in Christ with him and his wife this week and talked about faith and how important it really is. The film is about Christ's life and depicts the stories so well, it was my first time seeing it and I loved it. We were able to set a baptismal date for Péter of June 18th! The month of May is still really busy with the bee hives but he is excited and feels good about June 18th

After English class this week, Tibor, a member, put his arms behind his back and came up and told me to choose one. He got Jarrett Nővér and I Russian stacking dolls! So awesome! 

A few cute Izabella-isms from this week are "Okosabb leszek!" (I will be smarter!) which she said after accidentally hitting her head on the wall behind her during our gospel principles class yesterday. And the other cute thing she did was when she came up from behind me when she randomly was in the belváros (town square) at the same time as us and came up and scared me from behind. I have never seen her laugh so hard! She is the cutest. Yesterday at church she even kept apologizing for it because she felt bad hahah, I love her. 

I hope all is well with you all! Something that I've been realizing more and more is that the small and seemingly simple things really and truly make all the difference. I guess I used to think some of the simple things, like praying or reading scriptures seemed just too  simple. But more and more as I daily do these things, I am learning how important they are and how much of a difference they make. This gospel is full of simplicities which is why I love it SO much! Hope you have a great week and I love hearing from you! I'll leave you with one of my favorite scriptures in 3 Nephi, chapter 13, verse 21.

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."


Sok​
 szeretettel, Schoendorfer 
Nővér

Hair cut




Parade
Love this little dog
Stacking dolls given to us by Tibor


1 comment:

  1. Hannah's new "do" is adorable! She is beautiful, as ever. ❤️

    ReplyDelete