Sunday, November 29, 2015

A few pictures and a few thoughts...

​Hi! 

     We have had so much fun in the snow over the past few days on our walks to the Provo Temple! Our District is getting ready to leave for Hungary and we are all so excited.  
     I just have a quick thought, and a few scriptures that I have found a lot of comfort in lately, that I wanted to share with you. I was asked today, "what is the most valuable lesson that you have learned during your time at the MTC?" It is very clear to me that the answer to that question is that we need to LOVE everyone around us. We each have experiences that we have gone through and are currently going through, both big and small that we may need others help with. I have also learned over the past few months that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are keenly aware of what we are currently going through as well as our personal feelings and the desires of our hearts. I believe that our relationship with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is evident by the way we treat the people around us, and how we show our love for them. I know Heavenly Father loves us, His children, so incredibly much. 

 In Moroni 10:32, it says:

​32  Y
ea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in no wise deny the power of God.

And in 1 John 4:7-9, 18-21, it says:

7  Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and
​ ​
every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

 8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

 9  In this was manifested the love of God toward us,because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth ou
​​
t
​ ​
fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

 19  We love him, because he first loved us.

 20  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen,how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

 21  And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also
​.​

 
     I hope you all have a great week! I have one last week to receive Dearelder emails if you want to write to me (and I am hoping you do) because I absolutely love hearing about how things are going for each of you.

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér









1 comment: