Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Last Transfer Call!

Hello! This morning I got my last transfer call of my mission. For the next six weeks I will be staying here in Szolnok as an Sister Training Leader and I will be serving with Vielstich nővér from my original MTC group! She is so great and I already know that it will be an amazing last transfer with her. I also turned 21 years old last week which is crazy! I have officially had two birthdays in Hungary! It was a fun day and I woke up to a decorated apartment thanks to cute Gordon nővér. It felt like the part in the movie 'Elf' where Buddy stays up all night and decorates the store and the next day everyone is so surprised! She made cake and I got to open a few presents from home in the morning. 

This past week we had a lesson with a new woman who is so great! She wants some time to read from the Book of Mormon and hopefully we will be able to go back soon. We also met with Gyöngyi who is really searching for the truth and we talked with her about real intent and how answers to prayers come and how it is different for everyone. She is really sweet and I hope we can really continue working with her. We went to Szeged for splits on Valentines day, it is such a treat to go on splits with the other sisters. 
 
Tomorrow my companion, Gordon nővér goes home and it will be so very sad to say goodbye. I am so grateful that I was able to serve and become friends with her! 

Here is a great scripture that I came across yesterday in Mosiah Chapter 2: 20-22

 20   I say unto you, my brethren, that if you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to possess, to that God who has created you, and has kept and preserved you, and has caused that ye should rejoice, and has granted that ye should live in peace one with another—

 21   I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.

 22   And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.

​Have a great week! Until next week,

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer 
Nővér

Had a wonderful 21st birthday!
I'm sure going to miss Gordon nover!


Blowing birthday horns with Erzsi.


Our apartment all decorated as a fun birthday surprise. 
We got plants on Valentine's Day on our way home from splits in Szeged.


This is Gyongyi, she has been meeting with us.

We did a little painting with Erzsi and she really enjoyed it. 

She painted pictures of the three of us, myself, Erzsi in the middle and Gordon nover. 

I have loved serving with Gordon nover!

This is Erika, she is an amazing member here and her husband, Laci.

This is the view from a bridge that we walk over on a daily basis.



1 comment:

  1. Happy, happy birthday, sweet Hannah! Your stomach must do an excited little jump as you look forward to these next 6 weeks. I know you will make the most of every moment. As always, the people and places pictured are beautiful. Thank you for the scripture as a reminder to be grateful in how I live. Love you. ❤

    ReplyDelete