Monday, November 14, 2016

Baby it's cold outside!

I don't know when the official calendar date of winter is, but it sure feels like winter here, it is so cold! We started off the week with a Segway Tour on our Preparation-day which was so so fun! The tour guide was Russian and since we lived so close, we were able to hurry home after the tour and get a Russian Book of Mormon to give to him and talk to him for a bit. We will hopefully be able to talk to him again soon, the guides told us to come ride their segways any time haha. We also had the Pécs sisters, Benson and Day, on splits here in Budapest and it was great to be with them. 

We have been meeting with our dear bácsi, József, who is so exited about his baptism that will be this Saturday. They recently had something called Lomtalanítás, it is meant for people to get rid of lots of things they don't need or want anymore. The streets are filled with random things people want to get rid of. József has been talking about this for weeks! His apartment is looking so much better and he got it all decluttered, it looks awesome and he is way happier about it. Also, the other day when we were walking up the stairs this his apartment he said to us from across the building "Jönnek az angyalok!" (The angels are coming) and it was so tender. I love this sweet bácsi! 

At church yesterday József came and so did his daughter, Anna. Anna is doing really great and just got a job here in Budapest! We are so grateful to be meeting with her as well, she's a sweetheart. They both came to church a few minutes late on Sunday, so at first I didn't see them and then I went to play the opening hymn on the organ and when it was over I looked out and saw them and was so happy! I went and sat by them both and later Anna told me that József was overjoyed that I could have sat anywhere and with anyone, but chose to sit by him and his daughter. I am so grateful for this family! Also at church yesterday we were really early for a meeting and had lots of time to spare before church started. Adorable little 5 year old Álmos was also there early while his mom was teaching a class and so while we were waiting I played with Álmos and we raced his hot wheels cars. It was so fun! He kept saying "Vigyázz, kész, rajt, tűz!" which I am guessing is the Hungarian version of "ready, set, go!! It was so funny, I love this ward, it is like a big family! 

We also met with Roland this week and he is doing good. I can't remember if I really talked about him last week but he is 20 years old, plays saxophone and is a music director! He is a really cool guy and really open minded so we will see where things go with him. 

We went to Dunaújváros for splits with Gertsch and Hooper nővérek. They are so fun to be with! I went with Gertsch nővér to meet with a cute girl named Léna. She is someone new they just recently started meeting with and it was the most incredible lesson! I feel like she is one of the most prepared people I have ever met with. She is so willing and very humble. During the lesson she told us she wants to be baptized and it was only the third time she had met with the missionaries. 

We had a nice time visiting with a few members here back in Pest and then on Saturday we had an MLC and a fireside with a seventy, Elder Liemer. He has come to the mission before and I love hearing him speak! In the MLC, I really appreciated something that our mission president, Szabadkai elnök taught us. He was talking about how we shouldn't compare ourselves to others but the only thing we should compare ourselves to is who we were yesterdayElder Liemer was really motivating in what he talked about and he talked a little bit about getting to the point where we can't wait to get up in the morning. I loved that! Mornings can be so hard, but what we have an opportunity to do each day is really incredible. He also talked a lot about how Jesus Christ is our advocate with Heavenly Father and how we can approach our Heavenly Father in prayer now. We don't have to wait or just wish for something better, but if we work to build our faith and trust in the Lord, we will be able to feel happiness now. We don't need to delay. One of the scriptures I loved was D&C 45:3 which says "Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him." Christ truly understands us and knows our hearts and he is the one who has earned the right to be our advocate. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us more than we can even comprehend and I am so grateful for that. 


Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

We had fun on splits with the Pecs sisters.


We had a great segway tour on our last preparation day, it was fun.

I love serving, and I love this city. It's beautiful at night.

During yoga in our apartment.

I found this cute little cat outside on splits in Dunaujvaros.

We made little hedgehogs (suni) out of a potato and grapes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment