Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Surprise.....I'm staying in Nyiregyhaza!

So, I'm staying in Nyíregyháza! I am so excited! I was thinking that I might leave but I'm staying here with Jarrett Nővér and we are excited to stay together, I love her! It has been a great week for us. We visited many members and had a busy week! We had lunch with Jutka Néni who is just adorable. We had visited her once before and every time she asks us what we want her to make and we just tell her to surprise us! She's so fun! We also went to Klára's again and she is also so cute. She said her secret to good food is love, haha so adorable! 

The weather is for sure getting warmer and it felt good to be out in the sun. But I think soon I will regret saying that when it gets blazing hot, but for right now we are loving it! A few days ago we went and did some service at a member's house and painted probably 40 boards that he is going to be using to make a fence and the Elders worked on pouring concrete! It was really fun to just be outside in the nice weather and provide service. Jarrett and I also taught Gyüli est this week which was wonderful, I really love the members here and I'm excited to spend more time with them and help strengthen them. It is a pretty small branch but the members are great. 

We had interviews last week, which I always enjoy and we went to Miskolc for that. Our Mission President is so compassionate and really listens to what we have to saw, he truly cares about us, and the mission, and loves us, you can really feel it. We were able to go out to dinner with him and his wife, and also the Miskolc District which was so awesome! They took us out to dinner because we completed a mission wide challenge, it was so fun! After dinner we had the weirdest time getting back to Nyíregyháza. We bought our tickets like normal but then on the train, a worker came and told us there was a problem and the train wouldn't be going all the way to Nyíregyháza, so we had to get off kind of far away and take a bus. It was the bumpiest bus ride of my life! Haha it seriously felt like a roller coaster! The whole bus was super dark and there was also a lightening storm so every few seconds the whole bus would light up because of the lightening. We finally arrived safely back to Nyír. Actually, as soon as we got back to Nyír, we were waiting at another bus stop to go home and ran into someone I was only able to meet twice last transfer, her name is Enikő. She is super sweet and we were able to finally set up an appointment to meet with her, despite her incredibly busy schedule. I hope we can start to meet with her on a normal basis and teach both her and her brother again.

We met with Péter twice this past week and it was great. We talked about the blessings of tithing and fasting with him and it went really well. He talked about how busy he is in May (he is a beekeeper and I guess May is the busiest month for that) so for now he has a baptism date of June 4th! We are excited to continue teaching him and I hope we can also start meeting with his entire family more too, they are all so amazing! 

This week we went to Izabella's for the last time. They live in the Elder's area and we were able to continue teaching them for as long as we did because Izabella was getting baptized. Iza and Viktor are still doing great and we had such an amazing lesson with them. We brought the Elders and we read out of the Joseph Smith History with them which was super great. Iza talked about how she recently received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true! So exciting! They still have a lot of things they are trying to figure out with Viktor and his papers but they are doing just great! It was honestly super hard for me because I love going to Izabella's and teaching both her and her family, but I know the Elders will take good care of them and that I will still see them at church and branch activities. Izabella will always hold a special place in my heart. Each time I see her I can feel that her testimony just continues to grow stronger and stronger, she is so so sweet. 

Also, this week I came across a few experiences that President Gordon B. Hinckley had in his life and I just love learning more about him and the many hearts he touched. He truly was an amazing Prophet. He wrote about the north star and how he learned about the steadiness of it. While millions of other stars seem to swirl around it, the north star is always there, fixed in it's place. It is a constant reminder that we will never get lost if we know where to look. That is just like the gospel, if we just stay centered on Christ and remember that our Heavenly Father loves us so much, things will work out, even as the world is swirling around us. President Hinckley also talked about how we should always do what we are afraid to do. I love that! There are a lot of things that scare me but as I put my trust in God, I know I can do things that may seem impossible! I know that is true for all of us and we work to build our faith. Hope you all have a happy week!

​Sok​
 szeretettel, Schoendorfer 
Nővér

Right after interviews in Miskolc

We had fun riding first class on our way to interviews. But, the train ride back was crazy, the train stopped half way through, we then switched to a bus for the craziest ride home ever in the middle of a lightening storm.

Our fridge right before transfers, when you are not sure if your staying in the area or leaving.
Our crazy Elders!
We had a great time hiking on our P-day!











2 comments:

  1. I love Schoendorfer Nővér and her enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read your blogs! Always, always make me smile with your enthusiasm and love for the people!!!

    ReplyDelete