Sunday, December 6, 2015

Farewell MTC

Szia!
     Well it's happening, tomorrow morning (Monday-Dec 7th) at 3 am, I am officially leaving the MTC and I am so so excited!!! These past few days have been full of goodbyes to our teachers and so many missionaries that I have met while here at the MTC. It feels rather strange to say goodbye, but I couldn't be more excited to be going to Hungary. ✈
     On Friday night we had a wonderful Christmas program! I think I mentioned it before, it was a program that I was lucky enough to be a part.  We performed it for all of the Branch Presidencies and Elder Nielson (of the Seventy) who was also in attendance. The program was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I was a member of the small choir that sang and we also had a few missionaries in costumes who presented a nativity scene that depicted the story of Christ's birth. There were also two sister missionaries who "taught/led" the program and acted as if they were teaching a lesson to all of the Stake Presidencies and they led a discussion about the birth of Christ and what it means to them. The spirit was so strong during the program and I was just SO happy to be bearing my testimony through music. Music is such a powerful gift that we have in this life and I was so grateful for the experience and opportunity. I wish I had pictures from the event, but sadly, I don't. 
     I want to share, a little about Elder Nielson's comments that he made at the end of the program. He spoke to the branch presidencies about how they can better help missionaries here at the MTC. I found it interesting personally, being a missionary, to see his perspective and hear some of his experiences. He spoke about fear and about how fear is not a Christlike attribute. I love that he spoke about this topic because it is something that I have been pondering quite a lot recently; because, I have to admit that I have some fears as I head to Hungary tomorrow. But, I know that we, ourselves, control our fears and how we allow it affect us and our actions. I know that we don't need to fear because we have Christ on our side and He will always be there for us, as long as we turn to Him in faith. 
     Elder Nielson shared his thoughts about John Chapter 6 and I want to also share some of my thoughts with you. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this story of Christ feeding the 5,000 with only few loaves of bread and fish. But, something that Elder Nielson pointed out that I hadn't noticed before is what is contained in Verses 12-14, Christ asks the disciples to go and collect the leftovers. I thought to myself at first, why would Christ do this? He had already fed 5,000 people, He had already performed a miracle and people saw this take place. But, I think He did this to show that He is powerful enough to have fed 5,000 people and STILL have leftovers! Elder Nielson connected this story to Christ's Atonement and I loved what he said. He explained that we never "use up" the blessings of Christ's Atonement. It is not a "once and done thing." Christ's Atonement is so incredible. We are able to be forgiven through the Atonement, we are able to receive strength through the Atonement, we are able to receive peace, joy, happiness, love, and so much more! It is truly all encompassing, and there are STILL always "leftovers." I also love John 6:20 which says:
 

But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

     Here we have Christ telling us that there isn't any reason to be afraid! I know this truth will be especially important to keep in mind as I head to Hungary tomorrow and it is something that I think is important for each of us to keep in mind. Sometimes there are experiences in life that we will be afraid of, but they are often opportunities that we will grow and benefit from the most. 

Ne  f
éljetek!

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

​Isaiah 9:6  
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and
​ ​
the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name
​ ​
shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Kellemes Karácsonyt
​! ​🎄
Merry Christmas!

Flight Plans with McGregor Nover and myself

We're going to Hungary


Matching Skirts

Pretty Lights!

Classroom with teachers


Hungarian Sister Missionaries and our solo Albanian Sister


Selfie with our Branch Pres. President Garr

Had to turn my desk around to the corner to concentrate, cause it's sometimes hard to focus



No comments:

Post a Comment