Monday, February 13, 2017

kis és egyszerű dolgok visznek véghez nagyszerű dolgokat

      kis és egyszerű dolgok visznek véghez nagyszerű dolgokat


This week wasn't full of anything too crazy, but even with slower weeks I can see the Lord's hand in my life. One of my favorite scriptures, especially at times like these, is   Alma 37:6-7 - kis és egyszerű dolgok visznek véghez nagyszerű dolgokat, by small and simple things are great things brought to pass.   I know there are many times where we, as people, don't or aren't able to see or know the good we are doing. In fact, in this life we may never know. It is amazing to me when I think about how when a person makes a choice it usually effects someone else whether it be good or bad - hopefully it is more often for the good. And, when I think about choices, it leads me to think about small and simple things that we can do each and every day, that we may not think make a huge difference but in reality could change someone's life or brighten another's day. 

David A. Bednar once said "ordinary people who consistently do small and simple things that are right before God will bring forth extraordinary results." This is so true. Another one of my favorite quotes along the same lines is "don't you know that since the beginning of time our Heavenly Father has reached out to those who were average and used them for His purposes?" We read about this concept in the scriptures and also know that Joseph Smith, a humble farm boy was clearly an example of this. I definitely feel this as a missionary. Heavenly Father trusts young adults like us to go around the world inviting others to come unto Christ and to help them feel of His love. It is by small and simple ways this is done and it is such a blessings to me to be able to look back and see how something small has become extraordinary. As we rely on the Lord in all things, He will guide us through small simplicities. 

This past week we met with Gyöngyi again and it went very well. We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ and enduring to the end, she is really sweet. We also met with Zoltán, who we tracted into last week. He is so so cool! He believes in a lot of things and at the same time he tells us he's not quite sure exactly what he believes in. It was good to get to know him a little better and we talked a lot about faith with him. Yesterday we had a Farsang bulr, which is a holiday here to celebrate the ending of winter. It was fun and we made little dolls out of corn stalk, haha is was kind of hilarious. Next week is Gordon nővér's last week in Hungary. It is so sad, I will really miss her so much. It will be a good week though! Next week is my last transfer call and it is honestly hard to believe that in just 6 weeks after that I will be meeting my parents here in Hungary. I don't know where the time has gone. This mission has been such a blessing in my life. 

Love you. Have a happy week!

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

Still having snow showers :)

Vegetable market.


We went to Kecskemet for interviews. It is a charming city. 

Not sure why, but there were lots of shoes in this tree.

Love all the beautiful churches.


Gorgeous full moon behind the clouds. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your quote by David A. Bednar. Where is a picture of your dolls made of cornstalks? I would love to see them :) I cannot believe your mission is finished in six weeks and will miss reading your inspiring blog that your Mother shares with us!!!! Love Sister Jones Morton

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete