Monday, March 20, 2017

And then there were three!


Hello! It has been an exciting week here. One of the sisters missionaries had to go home for health reasons, so now we are a trio here in Szolnok. Evans nővér got here on Friday! We met with Gyöngyi twice last week which was really great, she is so sweet. We talked about and read with her in the Book of Ether 12 which talks all about all miracles and blessings come after the trial of our faith and how weaknesses can be changed into strengths, it is a really powerful chapter. We also went to Cibakháza to visit a family from the branch. Cibakháza is a really small town outside of Szolnok, it is always really fun to go out there. The family was so sweet and made us lunch and madár tej! I just love talking to the members here, they have some of the strongest and most interesting stories about their conversions and how they found the church.
 
We had splits with the Kecskemét sisters which meant I got to go on splits with Dyson nővér which is always such a treat. We went to the special needs home and it was so enjoyable being there, they get so excited when we come. One of the ladies was showing me the kézi munka (hand work/embroidery) she had made and it was just so precious! She also wouldn't let me leave without taking one that she had made, I learn so much from going there! 

We also went to Budapest this week for my very last Missionary Leadership Council. It was a great, actually my favorite one I've been to. We talked about what it truly means to be a successful missionary, domino effects of missionary work - how maybe one person we talked to on our missions could go on and share the gospel with many more, and how the times when we focus on others instead of ourselves is when our testimonies grow and are strengthen the most. 

On Friday, Evans nővér arrived from Győr. Vielstich nővér served with her last transfer and is really happy to be back with her! Being in a trio is really fun! On Saturday Adri (from Kispest) came to visit me and it was so great to see her! I will miss everyone here so so much, I have been so blessed to meet so many incredible people over the past year and a half. We went to the special needs home again with Adri for a little bit and then we took paper boats we made to the tisza river and floated them, it was so entertaining! 

We are working on a teaching for Zone Training in a few days, it will be my last one, which is hard to believe. It is all so bittersweet but I am enjoying every last bit of being here. I was reading in Mosiah 4 yesterday and two things really stood out to me while I was reading. In verse 9 it says,    "Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend" and verse 12, " ..if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God..."    I think it is so important to remember these truths. I know that often times we don't understand why things happen the way they do, but God has a plan and will not lead us astray as we put our trust in Him. I also know that we will be able to more fully feel His love as we trust in Him and do our part to strengthen our relationship with Him and as we work to serve others as the Savior did. 

I hope you have a fantastic week. Happy Spring!

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

And then there were three!

Splits with the sisters from Kecskemet.

We floated paper boats we made down the Tisza River.




Got to see Vasica after MLC in Budapest.

We became a trio!

Singin in the rain!


Adri from Kispest came to visit, and she went with us to the special needs home.


A little zipline by our apartment.

Shoes are getting pretty worn.

We found Levente Street. 


2 comments:

  1. As always I loved the scripture you shared in your letter. I also was touched by your humble testimony. Thank you Sister Schoendorfer for making my day! Love, Sister Jones Morton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your site and content so much,thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.

    ดูหนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete