Monday, January 2, 2017

BÚÉK

Hello! Búék! That is short for Boldog új évet kívánok! Which means I wish you a Happy New Year! It is hard to believe that it is 2017! 

We had a pretty quiet week here, it's been hard to meet with people lately. The holiday season is busy for people which means it's not too busy for us as missionaries. We traveled to Békéscsaba to have an exchange with the sisters there which was really great. I love that area, it's such a cute little town. I was with Peterson nővér and we visited a lady named Rózsa. I actually met her in June when I was on splits there and I remember she was having a really hard day but she was pleased we were there to visit with her. When I was there in the Summer I did most of the talking because my companion for the day was a new missionary and so I got to know Rózsa really well. So, this past week when I went with Peterson nővér, Rózsa was so happy to see me, as I was her! She is so sweet. And although she has actually been having a harder time with some health problems and things, she seemed happier to me and spiritually stronger. It was such a joy to be with her. She was really cute and was talking about how different people are like different elements - air, water, fire, earth, and how they all have to work together. Then she was talking to us about her favorite scripture Helaman 5:12 

12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

She told us that it became her scripture about a year ago when the missionaries wrote it on a paper and taped it up on her mirror. She was at that time in a bad space and didn't even read it for many weeks, but then one day she read it and since then she reads it every day and it has become such a strength to her. It is so important to have a firm faith that can carry us through the hard times. It was so good to be with her and I really felt the spirit strongly there with her. 

We were also able to visit a lady name Enikő who is a really cute and amazing lady they are teaching. She is one of the most selfless people I have ever met and just wants to help and do everything she can in her power to help others. I am really glad that I got to go to Békéscsaba and meet with these individuals because it is what I needed, very uplifting and I really learned so much from each of them. We got to go to a member's house on New Year's Eve for a few hours and play games with everyone, it was really fun. 

Other than that we have been out in the cold doing lots of finding! A scripture that I really liked this week was
3 Nephi 12:47 

 47 Old things are done away, and all things have become new.

I love that we always have an opportunity to change, improve, and become new. With the new year I have especially been thinking of how I can become a better version of myself so that I can be a brighter light to the people around me. I love you! Have a great week! 

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér
The Christmas Sign.

Excited that we finished handing out all of our Christmas video cards this week.

It's pretty cold and humid here in the winter. 

This is a cute little river that runs into the Tisza River, which is really close to where we live, and we see it daily.


No comments:

Post a Comment