Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Farewell Willets Nővér

We got transfer calls this morning and although I will truly miss Willets nővér so so much, I am very excited to be staying in Kispest and getting McGregor nővér as my new companion. We were in the MTC together and I'm excited because I know and love her already! 

I don't have much time today, as we are meeting the new missionaries that just arrived by plane a few hours ago, fresh from the missionary training center. We will be showing them around a bit, and then talking to people on the street with them! It will be so fun! Sister Willets will be training one of them next transfer in Eger. 

My favorite part of this past week was teaching our bácsi friend, József who is getting baptized on November 12th!!! He is so wonderful! He was so concerned about the mini scriptures I have that he got out a huge magnifying glass during our lesson and made me use it to read while I was there, it was hilarious! He is really excited about his baptism and hopefully everything goes as planned, as he has been having some serious health problems right now, but he is determined. He is so smart and since he lives so close to us, we met him on Sunday morning and went to church with him! We are continuing to pray for him and hope that everything will work out. I have already seen a change in him, from the first time we met him. We tracted into his home a few months ago at which time he was overcome with sadness and at first he didn't even want to talk to us. But, I am so glad he decided to meet with us and since then we have frequently been able to meet with him. He seems genuinely happier now and has a light about him. This is my favorite part of missionary work, seeing people make positive changes and come closer to Christ. I have felt similar changes in my life too, and I am so grateful for that.  

This past week we were randomly walking to try to find an old investigator when we walked by Piroska's house and she and her cute daughter, Hanna, were just heading out for a walk. We were able to walk with them for a while and share a short thought. It was amazing because Piroska has been having a hard time recently, but she told us how every time we come around, we always bring something that she needs to hear. It is experiences like that that bring so much joy, as we go out each day to help strengthen others, we ourselves are strengthened. She also led us to the street where we met a rather intoxicated bacsi who sang two fold songs to us, predicted our futures, and then sold to us a wooden deer that he had carved. 

We went to the beautiful city of Pécs this week. It probably has the most hills of any city in Hungary which I absolutely loved! It was such a treat to be there. There were many other little miracles that I would love to tell you about, but until next week.

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

A wooden deer we bought from a man who predicated our future (I'm apparently on having boys) and he sang a few Hungarian folk songs to us. I am really going to miss Sister Willets.
Krisztian - who was baptized a few months ago, and Eva - a sweet member here.
Pictures from our splits in Pecs!


Lots of people with signs for free hugs really close to where we live, haha. It was so funny to see peoples reactions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment