Monday, September 26, 2016

A roller coaster week.....

Sorry, but this is going to be a short posting today, but I will briefly tell you about our week. Last Monday we had such a great time at the zoo with Gizi and Álmos, they are so much fun and we even got to pet some kangaroos!!!! We were also able to visit Hosok tere (Heroes' Square which features the Seven Chieftains of the Magyars and other important national leaders, as well as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  

We did however have a week full of ups and downs, between being really sick, lots of cancelled lessons, some new people to meet with, Krisztián writing us a song, an investigator coming to church and then leaving before it started, spending a lot of time at the Hivatal - Records Office (Government Building - think of the DMV in the States and then times it by 10), and more. 

We were blessed to be able to attend  Johanna's baptism in Győr which was the absolute highlight of our week! I got to teach her once on splits a while ago and we have had lunch with her here in Budapest. She asked me to play the organ for her baptism and we also had a special musical number which was beautiful. She is so amazing!  Yesterday they had the primary program in church and it was too cute! I played piano for the program and the kids did a great job and it was so enjoyable to watch, as always. 

I hope you all have a great week and I'll leave you with a few quotes from my absolute favorite prophet (are you even allowed to have a favorite prophet?) I adore this man and his advice -- President Gordon B. Hinckley.

"I am asking that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we “accentuate the positive.” I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good
​.​
"

​"​
It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is.
It all works out. Don’t worry.
I say that to myself every morning."

"Happy is the man who can brush aside the offending remarks of another and go on his way."

"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds."

​"​
Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great purpose in heart.
​"​


Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

We had a great time at the zoo -- az allatkerti!
We even were able to pet the Kangaroo.


Gizi and Almos :)


Heroes' Square in Budapest


We were tired after a long (but very enjoyable) P - day.

Baptism in Gyor!
This was the highlight of the week -- Johanna's baptism!



1 comment: