Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Here's to another two months in Kispest!

We received transfer calls this morning and we were jumping for joy!!! Sister Willets and I are staying together here in Kispest!!! I am so excited to keep the work going here with her, because I think we make a great team together. 

Last Monday, we were just walking around and decided to climb the more than 300 stairs to the top of the Basilica and it was so fun! We were also able to go to an organ concert while we were there, which was amazing!

This past week was great and it flew by and we stayed really busy. We visited a member that is going through some hard times right now and it was really strengthening to be with her. She is really strong and it was fun to spend time with her because her little daughters name is Hanna! We also met with a handful of new people this week which was really cool! Also, Krisztian is one of the best examples to me! He has had some pretty serious health challenges, this past week especially, but he is so strong. He knows that everything will work out in the end and that he is loved. 

Something that I learned this week from the scriptures is that calm seas don't carry barges to the promised land, but stormy seas do. This came to me as I read and studied Ether 6. In many cases, our challenges are the times when we learn, grow, and are strengthened the most. I know that is true and I have been able to see it with Krisztian. Also, I think I talked about this last week, about the woman who helped the missionary couple from Romania in the grocery store, well her name is Annie and we met with her this past week. She is incredible!! It was so neat to meet her. We didn't get to know her too well because we weren't able to meet for long but we are going to meet again soon and I am so excited. I have the best feeling about her. She is the sweetest lady and has the most darling little son. Sister Willets told me that she feels like part of the reason I am here in Kispest right now, is to teach Annie. 

A few other exciting things from the week are that we went tracting and spent some time with Sister Szabadkai, the mission presidents wife. While we were tracting with her, the cutest woman, who talked to us for the longest time, gave us necklaces that she made! It was adorable and she was so happy to see us. Also, we were with Gizi and cute little Álmos one day in the train station waiting for someone and I was talking with Álmos and walking around with him and we kept finding little pieces of money on the ground! He thought it was so fun and his mom was so confused hahah. Sister Willets and I went to a small village outside of Budapest this week and spent the day there. There was a member who wanted us to teach his 90 year old mom. We met with them and it was really great. She is a really sweet woman and Sister Willets and I started teaching her. Also, just to help you picture this, we were all sitting in a small room that didn't have enough chairs and so Sister Willets and I shared a chair as we talked with this family. It was great to be there though because we were able to visit some members that live in this village that we normally wouldn't be able to visit because they live so far.

On Sunday there was a baptism for one of the daughters of a family that is originally from Kispest. They heard that I was an organist and asked me to play for the baptism which was really so fun for me. Sister Willets and I also sang a duet 'A Childs Prayer' in Hungarian for the baptism which was really pretty, here is the link if your interested:


Have a great week! 

Sok szeretettel, Schoendorfer Nővér

We were able to attend an organ concert last Monday!!!  So great!!!
We climbed with the 300 stairs to the top of the Basilica.





We visited the cutest family with darling children.

The kids loved wearing our name tags.

One of our favorite members, Kriszti, who is a chef, taught us how to cook a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment