Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Reni, stairwells, and perfume

​Hey hey hey!!!

I feel like I say this a lot but I can't believe I'm emailing again, the weeks go by so fast! ​
 
​We went and visited Sárika again this week, like we do every week and she seems so much happier! She​ is such an amazing example of faith to me. She also brought out her cute little cat who ending up falling asleep on my lap the whole time we were there! So adorable! Afterwards we went tracting in her area which I love. It is real houses, which makes it so much fun! It is close to the same area that Péter lives in, it is pretty rural and so beautiful. I also love it because there's so many dogs and it's like you develop a natural flinch as you walk by because almost every house has a dog that runs up to the fence to bark at you! Jarrett Nővér also thinks I'm some crazy dog tamer because I pet a lot of them through the fences and they will often stop barking and get so happy! Hahahh she said she has never seen anyone do that before, I love it!

At one of the branch activities this week, Izabella was talking about what a wonderful feeling she had when she was baptized. It was so neat to hear her talk about her baptism and see how genuinely happy she is now. I just love her! She, and some of the other members too, were asking about when transfers are and said how they were going to pray for me to stay! Ha, I think I will probably leave at the transfer, in two weeks, but we will see. It will be hard to leave because I love it here and the people so very much. I just hope they send another missionary here that can play piano because I am the only one here that can play right now. 

We visited Péter and his family again this week and they are just doing great! They are so so kind to us, they made us langos for dinner and palacsintas! They are too sweet. His wife, Angélla has been opening up so much recently and it has been fun to get to know her and teach her. We had a great lesson with them and I know that even though Jarrett Nőver and I don't speak the language perfectly, the gift of tongues is real and we are able to address their needs and testify of the things we know to be true. Péter came to church again and their whole family also came to english class which was so fun!

We went to Budapest for splits on Friday and Saturday which was so great! I got to see my cute Hungarian friend Reni, who I met last summer when I was living in Austria. She served a mission in the Alpine German speaking mission and is now living in Vienna as a nanny. Anyways, it was so fun to catch up with her for lunch while she was home with her family for an Easter break, she is doing great!

I went on splits with Hafen Nővér and it was so great to see different parts of Budapest that you don't really see as a tourist. We went to dinner at Klára's house. Klára is a member who was baptized about a year ago by Robinson Elder (who was one of my teachers in the MTC). Klára is one of the strongest members and so so sweet. She made it a goal to feed the missionaries 100 times before her year mark from when she started being taught. Hafen Nővér and I were the 105th meal!! Afterwards she walked us all the way to the villamos station (about a 10 minute walk) and she stood in between us and linked arms with us both and just talked to us like she was our grandma. She makes you feel so special! She waited for the villamos with us and waved as we rode away! So so cute! I truly love these amazing people!

We had a really fun sport nap in Budapest on Saturday morning and then came back to Nyíregyháza! We had a wonderful Easter, I love the Easter Season and celebrating the resurrection of our Savior. We also had a nice Easter dinner in the stairwell with the Elders! Hahah, it was too funny! Also in Hungary, they celebrate Easter on Monday as well and the boys have a tradition of pouring water on the girls! Hahah, now they more often just spray the girls with perfume so we got sprayed with some nice, cheap-smelling perfume hahahha. It was a good day! 

I think that's about it for this week. I have been thinking a lot about faith this week and one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon is Alma 32. I love verse 27 especially which says: 

​"B​
ut behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties,
​ ​
even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a
​ ​
particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to
​ ​
believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in
​ ​
a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
​"​
I love that because this ​gospel is not meant for us to come to it, already perfected. It really is for us to continuously learn and grow as we exercise faith, even if it just a particle, just a small piece, even if that just means a mere desire to have faith. I love the whole chapter of Alma 32, it is good one. Love you lots! 

Sok ​
szeretettel, Schoendorfer 
Nővér

Lunch with Reni
Beautiful Full Moon

At Sarika's house with her cat, Cica

Splits in Budapest with Hafen Nover and a member, Kata

Easter dinner in the stairwell with the Elders

Getting sprayed with perfume by Kristof, on Judit - it's an Easter tradition 

2 comments:

  1. I just love, love, love reading her blogs!! Her love of the people she serves is evident in all she says (and she loves those dogs and cats too).She has a "lightness of being" about her...does that make sense?? I feel like I am getting to know the people of Hungary too which I enjoy. Keep up the good work SCHOENDORFER NŐVÉR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love, love, love reading her blogs!! Her love of the people she serves is evident in all she says (and she loves those dogs and cats too).She has a "lightness of being" about her...does that make sense?? I feel like I am getting to know the people of Hungary too which I enjoy. Keep up the good work SCHOENDORFER NŐVÉR!!

    ReplyDelete